A Beeswax Candle, Bath, Body, Beauty & Fragrance Company
Cracked & Shattered Beeswax Candles
Carved, packed, rolled, shattered and sculpted again, these candles look like mineral fractures and barks.
Please keep in mind that all size measurements & burn times are approximate not exact.
Every cracked candle, as with all of our styles, is completely unique. Each candle has its own character and flow. Each of these candles is actually one of our raw molded candles, with the sculpted wax shattered and wrapped to the sides then dipped repeatedly. When burning some of our cracked candles you want to gauge your wax pool distance based on the size of the raw candle inside not to the edge of the sculpted layers themselves. This way, as the wax pool nears the edge, it doesn't melt through between the shatters. You can see the size of the candle that has been dipped by turning it upside down, or just looking in the raw candle section of our site and notice the smaller dimension for your size candle.
Colored candles of this style, look best when the added color(s) are only over poured rather than a completely solid dye. Occasionally we get caught up at the shows and can play in our workshops and make new color and style creations. These are offered at the shows and to online customers as available.
We do not like impurities in our wax more than absolutely needed so our colored candles, when offered, are all 100% natural golden beeswax that has been dipped in the colored wax. This way when the candle burns no impurities are being burnt into the air. If you want colored candles, they are special order and in off season can take longer to produce.
The dyes used for our five basic colors are our own natural dye creations. Many others can be made naturally and those that can require only a very small amount of alternate candle dyes. In all cases, the dyes we use are specially made with beeswax to not pollute our batches.
Colors and their descriptions
- Red - Dark, a cross between blood & roses.
- Blue - A dull and dark shade of blue like the sea.
- Green - Dark like emeralds & moss.
- Purple - A very dark royal rich purple.
- Orange - A cross between the inside of a peach and the outside of a pumpkin.
- Custom +15% -or- $20.00 whichever is less. Custom colors can be done. We do not color match, but we get the color you're looking for undeniably. Bright colors, pastels and so on can be accomplished. They cost more due to use of certain synthetics in some cases, smaller batches and the need for extra time.
* Extra charges for colored candles WILL NOT be reflected in your cart or checkout. We add this amount after we receive your order, before it is charged. You will receive an updated amount in email.
© NatureCraft Products Inc. 2017